February 25, 2014

How To Wear: Radiant Orchid...

Radiant Orchid

Radiant Orchid by hchdesigns featuring lips makeup

Radiant Orchid, the color of 2014... I'm not sure who decides these things or how really it's chosen and the whole logic behind it... but I must say when I heard that Emerald was last years, naturally as a redhead with fair skin, I was thrilled! See in this post here... This year not so much.. Don't get me wrong it's a gorgeous color and all you lovely olive and dark skin ladies, this is your year... However.. I"m like whiter than rice... it makes me look like death warmed over.. I've got the bridesmaid dresses to prove it..  Just kidding I've removed all the evidence, thanks Goodwill...

My solution... accessories & beauty!!  My rule of thumb for most mainstream trends are, start small... it's way easier to replace a small trendy item when it's no longer chic.. than an entire wardrobe...

  • One of my favorite ways to stay current is mixing in color trends with your nails! How gorgeous are those Pantone Universe Nail Colors (apparently coming to Sephora in the Spring)... I mean, I would wear every single one! If you don't want to wait that long, Essie has a great option!
  • Statement earrings are also WAY big this year, such a great way to spice up a look... You can find  those gorgeous earrings  from Bauble Bar! Only $32!!! Style them with distressed boyfriend jeans, black stilettos & a crisp white button down...Hello beautiful!!
  • There are so many fabulous ways to incorporate this color in your makeup, YSL has that amazing eye palette or lip.. Can you imagine a gorgeous smokey eye with all this purple hue? Wowza...
  • Let's not forget about your cell phone cover! It really should be thought of as a true fashion accessory since it's usually in our hand most of the day... guilty... how gorgeous is that cover from Tory Burch!
Just some tips to help you with mixing in some of this years hottest trends, start small...Mix it with your favorites.. a healthy mix of classic & trendy is honestly one of my favorite looks... One last tip, if you tend to have fair skin, go for deeper tones of this... you will thank me later.... Darker skin ladies...(jealous face).. like I said before... enjoy, this is your year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment