June 5, 2013

Feel the burn: Week 1...

Follow my daily progress on Twitter @Hhdesigns 

Face plant into the area rug.... yup, definitely that's my nose smooshing into the carpet... I mean it's got to count for something, I haven't consistently worked out for well like ever... I kinda hate to work out, feeling like I can't breathe, feeling sore for days and then giving up before I see progress? Sounds amazing doesn't it? Growing up I never really needed to work out, a fabulous mix of healthy diet (thanks Mom) and semi active lifestyle, plus good genes... I pretty much too my body for granted.. Isn't like the norm for anyone under 27? I know I did... go back 4 years and 30lbs lighter, switch from active job always on my feet , consistently walking to work to commuting 30 min one way to work and sitting at a desk... I pretty much didn't exercise anything except the muscle of pinning the phone between my ear and shoulder... which I dominate at by the way...

So here I am trying to get back to my "former glory"... Honestly you should see me try to do a push up... pretty comical... you know what a newborn baby cow looks like when their first trying to stand? Yeah that's me and my push ups... I've perfected the "wobble".. my husband and our friend were working out with me and I would do a couple push ups (the girly kind) and they would be like "don't go all the way to the ground" and I'm like "I'm not trying to!" Enter... smoosh the nose into the carpet... I must say Nick & Ashley you have excellent taste in carpet! I got an up close and personal view of it!

But.. I'm proud to say that I successfully did 10 good push ups! And I'm not stopping.. hence the sharing on the blog.. I'm usually SUPER private about this stuff especially since I have a knack for starting stuff and not finishing! But there is power in numbers so I'm going to share once a week my "progress/puking my guts out since I'm so out of shape" journey... I mean really it's pretty funny if you think about it, last night, my arms felt like I was swinging around two limp sausages... and this morning, putting on eye shadow was well.. interesting...  but I've got my first day of the workout done! And got to start somewhere right? And after all this hard work done, I'll be grateful that I started now... not to mention maybe the next time someone thinks I'm pregnant I'll actually be pregnant! :) Crossing my fingers...






Linking this post up with these fabulous bloggers...
faceitcatalog
Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment